Think Simulation
有时候不得不承认,我们认为我们在看戏,演员在演戏,但是演员有时候跳出戏只是我们的戏,他们玩真的。

凯文哥把汤米哥留下一点槽点都抹去了,如果没有意外,世界上最牛逼的运动线诞生了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-11 16:09 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
状态来得排山倒海。

汤米哥最成功的决定之一,是6年前拥抱了一颗拥有世界顶级抱石能力的大心脏,不仅能跟上他,而且弥补他的弱点。在突破难点这方面,汤米哥最近几年搭档的阿力士solo哥也赶不上凯文哥。

后面会不会疯狂到1天到wino tower,1天11段登顶?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-12 09:49 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
本帖最后由 nk 于 2015-1-12 02:25 编辑

回复 104# zenith
机器人吗?KJ怎么也应该休息一天吧。
不过我也预测11段1天!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-12 12:01 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
本帖最后由 Griff 于 2015-1-12 13:05 编辑

Dawn Wall's Underdog Climber Recounts His Push to Catch Up

Kevin Jorgeson, lagging behind his partner, made an eight-foot leap of faith to finish the toughest part of his historic climb.

Andrew Bisharat
for National Geographic
Published January 11, 2015

http://news.nationalgeographic.c ... yosemite-adventure/

Kevin Jorgeson and Tommy Caldwell have been living on the side of El Capitan for the past 16 days, and everything about their appearance shows it. Their beards have grown thick. Their matted hair has taken on an unwashed sheen. And their physiques—already as lean and tough as strips of jerky—have grown gaunter and somehow wolfish.

Indeed, Caldwell and Jorgeson are like two hungry animals, stalking their prize as they ascend in the dead of night.

That prize is completing the historic first free ascent of the Dawn Wall of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park, widely considered the most difficult big-wall rock climb in the world. Free climbing means the pair must use their hands and feet to ascend the natural features presented by the rock, employing ropes and gear only to stop a fall.

The climbers wait until dusk or even night to climb, using headlamps to see. They need the rock to be cold to prevent their fingers and hands from perspiring too much and slipping off these imperceptibly tiny granite handholds. (See photos of Caldwell and Jorgenson making their historic climb on the Dawn Wall.)

Caldwell, 36, is the more accomplished and experienced climber of the two. The Dawn Wall will be his 12th free climb on El Capitan. For Jorgeson, 30, it will be his first.

This disparity in experience came into play over the past week as Caldwell went on an unstoppable tear. Each day he dispatched pitch after pitch—as climbers call a rope-length of climbing—completing all the way through pitch 20. In total, the Dawn Wall is about 3,000 feet tall, and breaks down into 32 pitches.

Now just 12 pitches of relatively easier climbing, a total of about 1,000 feet, separate Caldwell from the summit. But instead of pressing on to the top, he has chosen to wait for his climbing partner to catch up, returning to support his climb as he continues to progress upward. (Read more about Caldwell's dilemma in "Climber on Historic Yosemite Attempt Faces Yet Another Fateful Choice.")

Pitch numbers 12 through 20 constitute the hardest climbing on the Dawn Wall. Caldwell and Jorgeson have battled through this difficult stretch as the world looks on. They spend their nights in a portaledge camp—essentially a hanging platform tent—fixed to the wall near the middle of this block of pitches.

Their goal is to complete all 32 pitches in sequence, without returning to the ground. To consider themselves successful, they must also climb each pitch without falling for it to count as being "freed"—as in, free of aid.
Graphic of different climbing styles

Tommy and Kevin can maneuver from pitch to pitch via a network of rigged ropes. They use mechanical ascenders to help them climb up the rigged ropes to reach the pitch du jour. At the end of a climbing day, they descend those same ropes via rappel devices to their portaledge camp.

Their latest block of climbing is so demanding, Caldwell and Jorgeson have expected themselves to do only one pitch per day.

On January 1, both climbers succeeded on pitch 14, a breakthrough for both to conquer this first significant hurdle.

Then came pitch 15, also equally as difficult. Caldwell quickly "sent," which simply means climbing without falling. Jorgeson, however, did not.

Instead, Jorgeson stalled out on pitch 15. Over the next 10 days, he made attempt after attempt, each time failing at one section that contained the "two sharpest, smallest holds on the route," according to Caldwell.

One of the biggest issues for Jorgeson was tears in his fingertip skin. For a climber, a skin tear on such finger-intensive rock climbing is akin to someone trying to win a stage in the Tour de France with a flat tire.

Over the week, Jorgeson sought advice from the climbing world about how to best tape his fingertips. He experimented with various methods only to encounter profound frustration when he'd reach those two sharp, tiny holds on pitch 15, only to have his tape slip and cause him to fall.

Over the week, success appeared to grow only more elusive for Jorgeson. The pressure was on, and he was painfully aware that he was holding his partner back. If he didn't do pitch 15 soon, Caldwell would have to decide whether to move on alone.
Picture of Kevin Jorgeson climbing El Capitan, Yosemite, California

On Friday, January 9, Jorgeson broke through. After two days of rest to let his skin heal, and having perfected his taping system, Jorgeson climbed pitch 15 without falling. He called the experience "surreal."

The success re-energized the team in a major way, as Jorgeson seemed to be catching a second wind. By Saturday, Jorgeson had also completed pitches 16 and 17, too-another major breakthrough.

Jorgeson has now completed all the pitches with the most difficult ratings on the Dawn Wall. He stands just three pitches away from matching Caldwell's high point. But those three pitches, still extremely difficult, remain as big question marks for Jorgeson.

Speaking to National Geographic from his portaledge just after waking up, Jorgeson shares the details behind his latest progress.

Congrats on completing pitches 15, 16 and 17. Especially pitch 15. What was it like to break through on a pitch that had thwarted you for the last 10 days?

Thank you! It was so crazy. It was surreal. It was actually a scientific breakthrough, if you will. I asked [one of the filmmakers] Kyle Berkompas to render me a video of all my attempts on pitch 15 so that I could analyze it.

I realized that my right foot was ever so slightly out of position. That was making a big difference. If you feel like your foot is just going to blow off the wall, everything tenses up. I realized I needed to change my foot sequence to get much better friction on the foothold.

When you were successful, did the moves feel easy?

I felt so solid. It was such a cool experience. I was just locked in on all the holds. But, no, it was still really hard!

And the conditions were just magic. It was the one moment over the last 10 days when it was actually cloudy and cold enough to climb during daylight. It all lined up to create this one moment in which my skin was good enough, and the conditions were perfect.

When Tommy completed the 20th pitch, I'm sure you must've been feeling mixed emotions: happiness for your partner, but also a sense of being so far behind. What was that like?

The way I would describe my mindset for the past week has been one of pure resolve. I've been just very resolved that I was going to do pitch 15. I haven't let anything else come in. Not even very much happiness.

Of course I was stoked to watch Tommy pull onto Wino Tower [the ledge at the top of pitch 20], but I was kind of preoccupied with my own resolve of what I still had to do.

And I'm still there, to be honest. I have the same attitude about the next three pitches as I did about pitch 15. As far as I'm concerned, they're just as hard. I'm trying not to let any other thoughts creep in. It's dangerous to let your mind go anywhere other than where you are right now.

Did you ever doubt you'd be able to do pitch 15?

Sure. But those moments were fleeting. They were combined with feelings of frustration. I'd pull back to the ledge, having split my finger yet again, and then realize I have to take another two rest days. You're thinking about the timing, the weather, whether or not you're going to have another chance to do it.

But then, you know, 30 minutes goes by and you're back to that state of resolve.

Is it hard to be cramped up on a portaledge for so many hours each day, and then have to step out and perform your best?

It is. But it's also a new normal. You have to go from zero to climbing as hard as you can, really quickly. Because your window of opportunity is so small, with the conditions and the light. The terrain doesn't allow much opportunity to warm up in a traditional sense. And neither does the schedule. You just have to pull on and go for it.

What's your morning routine?

If it's sunny, like it is now, we clip our sleeping bags to the outside of the portaledge to stay cool, which I just did. Now we're making coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

What's for breakfast?

Whole-wheat bagel with cream cheese, cucumber, red bell pepper and salami.

In what ways has Tommy been a teacher to you?

Two ways: attitude and technique. Tommy's optimism is, in a lot of ways, why this route is coming together. It would be really easy to write off the Dawn Wall as impossible.

In terms of climbing technique, I'm learning a new language on this granite. And literally only a couple of months ago, right before we started this push, did that language really start to become fluent.

The climbing has a certain pace to it. It has a tempo. It's about how you step on the footholds. It's so particular.

How important is the climbing partnership in general to achieving hard goals?

I seriously doubt if this project could be completed alone. It's such a huge undertaking. And it's so easy to get crushed under that weight. But when you have a partner, it changes everything.

Tommy and I have very different attitudes and personalities. But I think they balance each other out really well. We each have our strengths and weaknesses as climbers. Over time, I think we've found our roles.

At the beginning I was way more likely to defer to whatever Tommy thought. Over time it's become a much more balanced partnership.

You can't be on top of your game all the time. So when I'm down, or he's down, we can lean on each other. That part is huge.

Have you taken a moment of pause to appreciate what you're doing? Or are you just so focused on the climbing?

There's a lot of down time up here. Your mind can wander. It can be as simple as looking out toward El Cap Meadow and realize that you've been living up here for 16 days. I wonder, what am I doing? I can see people down in the Meadow, shivering and cheering us on. What is up with that? It makes me wonder about this project, and why it is striking a chord with so many people.

Why do you think that is?

Climbing has a lot of themes that are applicable to people, no matter who you are. And a lot of those themes are being recognized in the media. Adventure. Dedication. Vision. Belief. That's what this project has required.

And it's not as though these themes don't exist elsewhere in climbing. It's just that we happen to be in a place that everybody knows, on a cliff that's very public and very tall.

What's next?

Today is a rest day. Tomorrow, I will try pitches 18 through 20. And I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous about that. I haven't done these pitches yet. But I've practiced some of the moves. I think that if I'm patient and relaxed and I take my time, I have a shot at putting it all together.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-12 12:38 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-12 18:55 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Kevin Jorgeson

Momentum is a powerful force. When it's on your side, everything feels a bit easier. When it's not on your side, it feels like wading through mud. For 7 days, my momentum was halted by Pitch 15. It took everything in my power to stay positive and resolved that I would succeed. Now that momentum has returned to my side, I'm staying just as focused and resolved because a lot of hard climbing remains. Yesterday I finished the last 5.14 pitch and another 5.13 pitch above that. Three more 5.13's guard my path to Wino Tower. Thanks for all the continued support everyone!
k01.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-12 18:59 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
coreyrichproductions
Now, Kevin is only three pitches behind Tommy. Tomorrow’s goal for Kevin is to join Tommy on Wino Ledge. You can just tell by this picture that the climbing on pitch 19 is blank, technical and no gimme.
p19.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-13 15:45 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
听说wino tower会师了,niubility!
后12段该怎么搞呢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-13 17:53 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
tommycaldwell
In another inspiring battle late into the night Kevin managed to send pitches 18, 19, and 20. Clouds swirled all around It was truly a surreal scene. Tomorrow we leave our bacecamp and blast towards the top. With some luck we will be standing on top in a couple days. I an excited to walk on flat ground again although I am sure I will truly miss this experience. Great photo of what has been out home for the past 17 nights
@coreyrichproductions @bigupclimbing.
10919202_809763212421562_1589854507_n.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-13 18:00 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
回复 110# nk

两人Free每一段落至少一人led。
已经有后援团的食物和水通过拍摄组运送,其他细节早就不讲究了,阿式在成熟岩壁上没什么意义。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-13 20:40 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
http://news.nationalgeographic.c ... yosemite-adventure/

NG 对Kevin的采访:

When Tommy completed the 20th pitch, I'm sure you must've been feeling mixed emotions: happiness for your partner but also a sense of being so far behind. What was that like?

The way I would describe my mind-set for the past week has been one of pure resolve. I've been just very resolved that I was going to do pitch 15. I haven't let anything else come in. Not even very much happiness.

Of course I was stoked to watch Tommy pull onto Wino Tower [the ledge at the top of pitch 20], but I was kind of preoccupied with my own resolve of what I still had to do.

And I'm still there, to be honest. I have the same attitude about the next three pitches as I did about pitch 15. As far as I'm concerned, they're just as hard. I'm trying not to let any other thoughts creep in. It's dangerous to let your mind go anywhere other than where you are right now.

Did you ever doubt you'd be able to do pitch 15?

Sure. But those moments were fleeting. They were combined with feelings of frustration. I'd pull back to the ledge, having split my finger yet again, and then realize I have to take another two rest days. You're thinking about the timing, the weather, whether or not you're going to have another chance to do it.

But then, you know, 30 minutes goes by and you're back to that state of resolve.

k02.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-13 20:49 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
http://www.planetmountain.com/en ... l=2&keyid=42412

纽约时报文章, Kevin Jorgeson Yearns for the Dawn Wall’s Summit, and His Living Room

k03.jpg
Kevin哥的祖母, 在优胜美地工作. 1916年徒步到半穹顶的跳水石.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-14 02:28 | 显示全部楼层

Kevin Jorgeson Yearns for the Dawn Wall’s Summit, and His Living Room

born from the simulation
本帖最后由 jane 于 2015-1-13 18:31 编辑

纽约时报文章,
Kevin Jorgeson Yearns for the Dawn Wall’s Summit, and His Living Room

SANTA ROSA, Calif. — Inside Kevin Jorgeson’s living room, his smiling, bearded face popped up on the screen. His hair, two weeks since a shampoo, stuck straight up.

He spoke as if it were just an ordinary day and an ordinary circumstance.

He said hello to his girlfriend, Jacqui Becker, and his mother, Gaelena Jorgeson. But his eyes shifted uneasily as his portaledge, a hanging tent hooked halfway up El Capitan, lifted and swayed in Sunday’s gusty winds.

In a few days, he hoped, he would be home through the front door, not through FaceTime.

Jorgeson, 30, and his climbing partner, Tommy Caldwell, 36, are trying to become the first to free-climb El Capitan’s Dawn Wall, a 3,000-foot vertical route of barely dimpled granite in Yosemite National Park. Their quest has been years in the making, and they last touched horizontal ground on Dec. 27. With good fortune, they will reach the summit this week, having ascended to climbing lore.

After it happens, or even if it does not, Jorgeson will return here. He was born and raised in Santa Rosa, about an hour’s drive north of San Francisco, four hours to the heart of Yosemite. He has a deep family connection there; a great-grandmother worked for the concessionaire in Yosemite a century ago, and the family has a photograph of her standing on the famed “diving board” atop Yosemite’s Half Dome in 1916. (She hiked, not climbed, in a skirt.)

Jorgeson showed an early aptitude for climbing. His parents learned that when their toddler seemed to vanish, they should look up. At 3, he climbed most of a two-story ladder at an aunt’s house before he was spotted. As he grew older, he often disappeared into the garage rafters or was found atop the chain-link backstop at a baseball field.

“It probably scared other parents more than us,” his father, Eric, said.

Eric Jorgeson worked for Santa Rosa’s Recreation and Parks Department and had a love for the outdoors that he passed on to Kevin and his younger brother, Matt. Kevin Jorgeson’s first exposure to climbing came at a wall inside a Santa Rosa sporting goods store. When Vertex Climbing Center opened shortly after, when Jorgeson was about 11, his father gave them both beginning lessons.

“It got him hooked,” said Eric Jorgeson, who, divorced from Gaelena and remarried, now lives in Idaho. “And it told me that it wasn’t the sport for me. But it got him through the teenage years without any of the typical teenage problems.”

By 16, he was competing in international climbing contests and had his first sponsorship, from Marmot, the outdoor apparel and equipment maker founded in Santa Rosa and now based in nearby Rohnert Park. He took his wall-climbing pursuits outdoors.

Jorgeson became one of the world’s best at “highball” bouldering, which features extremely difficult, relatively short ropeless climbs. He was the first to ascend Ambrosia, near Bishop, Calif., one of his favorite climbing areas.

Beyond his physical abilities, Jorgeson seems wired for climbing blank faces of rock, where precision and patience are as important as strength and flexibility.

“It’s a mental thing — he’s really good at memorizing sequences,” his father said, recalling Jorgeson’s ability to rehearse taekwondo moves or the best moves down a river in a kayak. “I bet after this climb, if you sat with him and said, ‘What’s the fifth move on Pitch 12?’ he could tell you. That may be an exaggeration, but he probably could do it for Pitch 15.”

Yes, Pitch 15. Should Jorgeson complete the free-climb ascent in the coming days, his struggle with the sideways traverse of Pitch 15 will be the heart of the story.

“I’ll always remember that battle,” he said.

Over the course of a week, he fell on 10 attempts, always on the same spot, shredding the skin from his battered fingers has he clung desperately, and vainly, to sharp, pebble-size holds on the wall. Caldwell made it past Pitch 15 and continued checking off pitches up the wall as Jorgeson lagged behind.

After Jorgeson failed on several attempts in the middle of last week, he texted one word to Becker, his girlfriend: “Devastated.” His next text said he did not want to be known as the man who almost climbed the Dawn Wall.

He rested his fingers, waiting for his skin to heal over two days, before embarking on another attempt on Friday afternoon. In the back of his mind, he knew that if he failed again, he would most likely end his quest in deference to Caldwell.

“That would have been my call,” Jorgeson said Sunday. “It definitely crossed my mind briefly, but I didn’t linger there too long. Answering that question wasn’t going to help me.”

He added: “I’m not going to lie. I did feel a lot of pressure that day.”

By then, Jorgeson had studied footage of each of his failures — how he pinched the rock on this hold, how he cocked his wrist on that one. He found that each fall had to do with a single foot placement.

“A millimeter change in the angle of my right foot on the exact same piece of rock,” Jorgeson said. “Before, it didn’t match the contour of this tiny little pebble I was trying to step on.”

It worked.

“It clicked,” he said. “I reached this balance where I could do this pivotal move and unlock the next sequence.”

Jorgeson made it past Pitch 15 as a crowd in the El Capitan meadow far below cheered in the chilly twilight. By Saturday night, he was through Pitch 17. After a rest day on Sunday, he reached the top of Pitch 20 on Monday, pulling alongside Caldwell on the ledge of the Wino Tower.

From there, the final dozen pitches, extremely difficult by rock-climbing standards but not as difficult as what Caldwell and Jorgeson have completed, might be done in two days of climbing.

And then Jorgeson will come home.

“A shower,” he said of the first thing he wants after more than two weeks hanging on El Capitan. “There’s so many things. I can’t let my head go there yet, though.”

Jorgeson and Becker met at a resort in Anguilla three years ago. Jorgeson knew the manager, who had an opening for a fitness and climbing instructor. Becker was living in New York and teaching hula hoop lessons as an executive for a fitness company. Friends at the resort called them “Hoops and Rocks.”

Jorgeson contradicts the “dirtbag” reputation of climbing, showing that the sport’s credibility need not stem, in part, from a vagabond, grungy devotion.

Becker quickly recognized that Jorgeson was different from any stereotype.

“We had a meeting with clients, and he was dressed up and sophisticated and had a killer taste in whiskey,” she said. “It caught my attention.”

Part climber, part businessman, he started a company called Pro Climbers International to represent climbers and expand the sport through training, workshops and events.

But there were times in the past few years, as he devoted months to the Dawn Wall, that Jorgeson wondered whether he was being selfish — spending too much time on an individual goal and not enough doing things that would promote the broader climbing community.

As it turned out, the Dawn Wall push in the past couple of weeks, and the attention it received, forwarded both goals more than he had imagined.

The idea of free-climbing the Dawn Wall — using only hands and feet to move upward, relying on ropes only in case of falls — belonged to Caldwell, dating back a decade. In 2009, Jorgeson asked if he wanted a partner.

Since then, for several months each fall and winter, Jorgeson has been consumed by the task of the Dawn Wall when he could have been expanding his business. Both men admitted that it often dominated their daily lives, filling their thoughts when they woke and keeping them awake at night.

Two years ago, after a 17-year wait, Eric Jorgeson finally received a permit to raft through the Grand Canyon on the Colorado River. Kevin Jorgeson anguished over whether to go with his father or meet Caldwell at the Dawn Wall. He eventually chose the 19-day raft trip, afraid he was letting Caldwell down.

The quest has taken an emotional toll, not only from the implausibility of the pursuit but also from the loss of friends to climbing over the years. Most haunting to Jorgeson was the loss of Brad Parker, a top climber also from Santa Rosa, who fell to his death in Yosemite in August.

Jorgeson had a deep conversation with Caldwell about it in September, and Caldwell opened up about the hurdles he had faced — a kidnapping in Kyrgyzstan and a divorce among them. Jorgeson committed to at least another year on the project. Maybe the next attempt would be the one.

In August, Jorgeson and Becker rented a small house outside Santa Rosa. A pair of sheep live in a field outside, and a 17-year-old cat, Monkey, clambers about inside. The living room includes Jorgeson’s childhood piano, a wood-burning fireplace, hula hoops and a large mirror used as a message board. (“House needs” include four stools, a kitchen island and “art for walls.”)

They considered moving to more familiar climbing meccas — Caldwell lives in Estes Park, Colo., at the doorstep of Rocky Mountain National Park — but Jorgenson preferred to be close to home, within reach of the ocean.

While there are no rocks to climb within view of his home, his quiet getaway is less than an hour away — the above-the-ocean climbs of Goat Rock at Sonoma Coast State Park. His postclimb plans with Becker include swing-dance lessons, furnishing the house and a trip to Europe.

Those must wait. Jorgeson is still a bit tied up.

“This is pretty awesome to watch,” Gaelena Jorgeson said to her son on Sunday. He was hanging on El Capitan; she was hanging out in his house. “You’re awesome.”

He smiled through a shaggy beard. He said he would see everyone soon.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-14 11:26 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... wall-edition-day-17

The next several shots are of Kevin climbing the rest of pitch 18, rated 13c.
9)  ACIMG_2614.JPG

12)  After some difficulties and repeated tries he finally made Wino Tower.  Here you see Bret, Kyle, Tommy, and Kevin, looking down at us.
12)  ACIMG_2629.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-14 21:39 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
For a Climber on El Cap, a Dropped iPhone is Particularly Painful
Posted by Andrew Bisharat of Evening Sends on January 9, 2015

http://adventureblog.nationalgeo ... rticularly-painful/

Climber Tommy Caldwell shares his experience on El Capitan’s Dawn Wall route from high above Yosemite Valley with regular posts to social media sites via his iPhone—which he later dropped 1,500 feet; Photograph by Corey Rich

ead our profile of Tommy Caldwell, “Climber on Historic Yosemite Attempt Faces Yet Another Fateful Choice,” and see photos and video from this climb.

Even the grip of a professional world-class rock climber sometimes isn’t enough to hold onto an iPhone.

This week, Tommy Caldwell, one of the two climbers currently vying to complete the first free ascent of the Dawn Wall of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park, has made consistent progress toward achieving his goal. His current high point is Wino Tower, 2,000 feet up the wall. Tommy is one of our 2015 Adventurers of the Year (vote for the People’s Choice through January 31).

One low point? Dropping his iPhone.

“It fell out of my chest pocket,” said Tommy, speaking to me from photographer and filmmaker Corey Rich’s cell phone. Rich has been living on the wall with the climbers and documenting their historic ascent (see a gallery of his photos).

The best part, if there is such a thing, of dropping your iPhone from 1,500 feet up an overhanging wall, is that you get to watch its long, soundless descent before you hear, almost imperceptibly, the painful crack of it smashing to bits in the talus field below.

It happens.

Tommy and his climbing partner, Kevin Jorgeson, have routinely communicated the details of their ascent and life on the wall to a engaged, global audience through their iPhones. Each day brings new Instagrams, Facebook statuses, and tweets. Kevin Jorgeson held a live Q&A last week on Twitter.

Facebook featured Tommy and his Dawn Wall project in their Facebook Stories series. Their video shows how Tommy uses Facebook as a tool to share his ascent with his followers as he types away on his iPhone from a portaledge.

Yesterday, Tommy’s friends on the ground were sent out to find Tommy a replacement. His wife, Becca, was consulted for which model he might like.

“I’m thinking iPhone 6 64gb in space gray,” she texted.

“I’ve lost three phones at least,” Tommy said. “The first one I dropped off the East Ledges of El Cap. The second one I lost on an exploratory mission near Yosemite falls; I was walking across some ice and broke through one of the pools. And this time, it just fell out of my chest pocket.

“Pretty much everyone loses a few,” Tommy mused.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-14 22:27 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
虽然纽约时报总会在汤米哥和凯文哥取得突破时回忆先人长辈,落入“这些家伙生来就有这幅基因”的俗套,但是不得不承认他们会用他们习惯的一套挖掘人物的方式去找到动情的东西。

这套方式是一种精英式地向下体察,首先用自己丰富的经验和阅历还有学识去观察采访对象,将其掌握在自己的经验库里,然后又在这种自上而下的剖析里里面找到采访对象的闪光点,重建他们的尊重,于是观众也跟着尊重欣赏采访对象的故事了。

纽约范~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-15 08:06 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
coreyrichproductions
After 19 days of battling the hardest, longest free climb in the world, Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson embrace at the end of the difficulties of the Dawn Wall of El Capitan Photo by CRP team member: @blighguy

1209680_746438375448890_1676659042_n.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-15 08:48 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
回复 119# Griff

果然一天12段,一刀拿下! 排山倒海
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-15 08:58 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
这几个摄影师多不容易啊。这么多年爬绳子。   

至少1T的硬盘都是这两人。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-15 09:58 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
it's done.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-15 11:47 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
回复 120# zenith

是昨天七段,在ships prow bivy, http://elcapreport.com/content/e ... wall-edition-day-18
今天四段登顶。白宫发来贺电。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-15 11:55 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
阳朔发来贺电!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-15 12:52 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
CNN报道
Amazing feat (and hands): Free climbers summit El Capitan via Dawn Wall

B7Wafo3CIAAWR7b.jpg

(CNN)Nineteen days. Three thousand feet of some of the hardest climbing in the world. And just their bare hands and sticky-soled shoes to get them up the granite-faced monster known as the Dawn Wall.
Many other people had climbed El Capitan in Yosemite National Park. None of them ever reached the top after free climbing the Dawn Wall as Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson did Wednesday.
They bested what had once been considered impossible -- some of the steepest pitches and so many to climb (31).
"It's an amazing feeling to accomplish something you have devoted your life to for years," Jorgeson said through a news release. "Tommy dreamed it could be done, and I could not be more honored to have been his partner on this journey. I hope it might inspire others who may not have been familiar with rock climbing to experience it for themselves."
Look at the photos from the climb and you will be in awe, if not inspired.

EXPAND GALLERY
The journey up the Dawn Wall was documented onCaldwell and Jorgeson's Instagram accounts, Caldwelland Jorgeson's Facebook accounts and YouTube.
The two began climbing on December 27 and didn't come off the wall until the finished. They slept in hanging cots. Others sent them food when they needed it. They had safety ropes for the times they lost hold.
Jorgeson, 30, struggled with pitch 15. It mastered him for a week. But on Sunday, he beat it, gained back his momentum and a bit of confidence.
Caldwell, 36, who CNN affiliate KTLA said lost past of one finger doing work on his home, had gone ahead and waited on his comrade.
They reached the top Wednesday afternoon.
"This is spectacular," Caldwell's mother, Terry, told KTLA. "This was his biggest project, his biggest dream. He called it his 'Moby Dick.' ... He kept saying, 'I don't know if this is possible; I'm just going to keep working on it.' "
There are more than 100 routes up El Capitan, but only a handful have been attempted by climbers trying to free climb.
"So proud of @TommyCaldwell1 and @KJorgeson for conquering El Capitan. You remind us that anything is possible. -bo," President Barack Obama tweeted.
So proud of @TommyCaldwell1 and @KJorgeson for conquering El Capitan. You remind us that anything is possible. -bo pic.twitter.com/XcDwHqv2ry
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) January 15, 2015
The two didn't speak to the media Wednesday. They probably were a bit tired.
CNN's Katia Hetter, Janet DiGiacomo, Teri Genova and Tony Marco contributed to this story.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-15 13:37 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-15 22:52 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
回复 123# Griff

最后2天爬的无比妖孽啊。 两人居然5.9的要爬1小时,5.11会掉,然后还要迷路-,=b
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-15 23:35 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
ElCap Report 1/13/15  Special Dawn Wall Edition Day 18

http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... wall-edition-day-18
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-16 12:46 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-16 16:28 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
回复 81# w2

Warren Harding 这条线还真没打多余的岩锥.
Dawn Wall 和 Wall of Early Morning Light / Harding-Caldwell,1970 原线路是有很多段不同的,其实更多段落是沿着 Mescalito / Burton-Nelson-Poter-Sutton,1973
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-16 23:52 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
懂了,TC-KJ串烧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-20 21:39 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
In the wake of the recent success on Dawn Wall at the hands of Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson, America’s CBS network has dug deep into its archives and unearthed some footage of the first ascent of the Dawn Wall, originally called The Wall of Early Morning Light by 47-year-old Warren Harding and 27-year-old Dean Caldwell who established the climb in late October and early November 1970. Planning on just 12 days to ascend the route, the two actually spent 27 days forging the line, drilling 330 bolts and despite being low on rations, waiting out a four-day storm and famously refusing a rescue from the Park Service. In a note dropped in a tin can during the ascent, Harding wrote: "We must be the most miserable, wet, cold stinking wretches imaginable. But we’re alive, really alive, like people seldom are."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Fp_gpsULI
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-21 13:21 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
10932054_769531456451122_1368205572_n.jpg

遗体找到了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|盗版岩与酒 ( 京ICP备05053585号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 03:09 , Processed in 0.074586 second(s), 16 queries .