发表于 2014-10-14 17:24 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
小板凳和酒精已备好。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-11-4 23:47 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Tommy哥说眼下豆汁很高:
Dawn wall season is fully under way. We have spent the late few weeks reworking pitches and things seem to be coming together nicely. Psyche is high.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-11-19 13:40 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
約兩個小時前,Tommy 的臉書說
「Oh my goodness!!! After six years I finally sent this beast of a pitch. Inspired by Keven's fight to the death near miss.This officially means all the hard individual pitches have been redpointed. I am so psyched my hands are shaking! Thanks for the rad photo @jeffjohnson_beyondandback」

Dawn Wall goes!! 很為Tommy開心。坐等最後的一攀了!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-11-21 21:02 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
终于搞定了. 真是什么线都架不住死磕
http://www.climbing.com/news/daw ... anned-for-december/
Dawn Wall: Major Hurdle Cleared, Final Push Planned for December

11/19/14 - Tommy Caldwell has free-climbed the 14th pitch of the Dawn Wall on El Capitan, which means that either he or Kevin Jorgeson now has redpointed every 5.14 section of the route. During his own redpoint attempt on the 14th pitch last night, Jorgeson fell on the last move. The men have been climbing in the evening to take advantage of crisp conditions on the micro-holds of the crux traverse pitches.

Caldwell posted on social media last night: “Oh my goodness!!! After six years I finally sent this beast of a pitch. Inspired by Keven's fight to the death near miss. This officially means all the hard individual pitches have been redpointed. I am so psyched my hands are shaking!”

The Dawn Wall is the link-up on the southeast face of El Capitan that Caldwell and Jorgeson have been working to free since 2007. The route will have three 5.14+ pitches—and seven 5.14 pitches in all—including a long right-to-left traverse in the middle of the wall. Last autumn, Caldwell redpointed the 15th pitch at 5.14d, creating Yosemite’s hardest single lead. Both men have said the 14th pitch is the crux of the route.

Caldwell has redpointed all of the hardest pitches except the infamous eight-foot sideways dyno of the 16th pitch. Jorgeson has done the dyno but not the two hard traverse pitches before it, and last weekend he said his personal crux is the 5.14b Molar Traverse at the start of the big traverse. Of the Dyno Pitch, which has another crux passage above the actual dyno move, Jorgeson said, “Tommy and I have opposite cruxes on that pitch. He climbs from above the dyno to the top no problem. I crux in that part, but I think I figured it out last time we were up there.”

Several other pitches that might be the cruxes of any other big-wall free climb still have not been led free. “Above the dyno pitch there are three 13+ pitches we haven't redpointed on lead but have either top-roped or Mini-Traxioned,” Jorgeson said. “[We] don't anticipate too much of an epic there.”

After camping on the wall for days at a time during previous seasons, the men have found they recover better by sleeping on the ground and jumaring 1,100 feet up fixed ropes to work on the crux pitches. During the month they’ve spent on the Dawn Wall this season, they have made this trip more 20 times, ascending the 1,100-foot approach in as little as 40 minutes.

Caldwell and Jorgeson plan to keep working on the route until next Monday and then take a break for Thanksgiving. They plan to return to Yosemite in early December and begin a ground-up free attempt on the complete route, expected to take about two weeks.

Source: Kevin Jorgeson
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-12-29 23:30 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Tommy Caldwell says on facebook:

The start of the push is finally here. Yesterday was our first day of a planned two weeks on the wall. We climbed the first five pitches feeling a bit nervous but things went well and we worked out the jitters a bit.

Oh yeah? Pitches 6-9 done today. Winter conditions are feeling awesome. Thanks for the photo @brettlowell

10891682_796623963708382_7549242473155653828_n.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-12-30 22:15 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
第10段也搞定了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-1 19:27 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Kevin Jorgeson says:
Today we started our push! It may be a few weeks before we walk on flat ground again, but we are psyched.

We sent the first five pitches this afternoon (12b, 13a, 13c, 12b, 12d wet).

The goal for tomorrow is to climb pitched 6-9 (13c, 14a, 13d, 13b).

Thanks for all the kind words and stoke everyone. It's battle time!

Day 2 was a big day for us. We sent pitches 6-9 over the course of 10 hours. I split two tips today which is unfortunate, but thankfully the next few pitches, 10-11, are not sharp.

Here's a run down of how today went. Thanks to Big UP Productions and Brett Lowell for the photo!

Pitch 6, 13c: Tommy led first go and I followed on TR first go (pictured).

Pitch 7, 14a: I sent second go and Tommy sent first go.

Pitch 8, 13d: Tommy sent in three goes and I sent in two. Sharp!

Pitch 9, 13c: I sent second go and Tommy sent first go.

Wonder what Pitch 10 looks like? Here's a great shot from Brett Lowell of Big UP Productions.

Day 3 was supposed to be a rest day, but there's some seriously cold and windy weather on the horizon. So, we decided to push through the fatigue left over from pitches 1-9 and climb today anyway.

The goal was simple. Pitch 10, 5.14a.

50' of two finger pin scar lie backing protected by 7 consecutive beaks leads to a 20' permanently wet section for both hands and feet. Nails. After a good rest where you can dry your hands and shoes, you climb 35' of 5.12 terrain. This all leads up to a crux undercling boulder problem capped by a nerve wracking, tenuous face traverse to the anchors (pictured).

After 3 attempts each, Tommy Caldwell and I both sent. Now for a rest day!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-1 19:29 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Tommy Caldwell
This New Year's Eve was great on the Dawn Wall. We climbed pitch 11 and 12 and they felt awesome. This means Kevin blasted by his high point and I am 1 12d pitch away from my high point. Now we really get into the meat of it. photo @brettlowell

photo-12.JPG

Tommy and Kevin at home on the wall.  Photo: Brett Lowell
photo 1-2.JPG

Tommy at the end of pitch 10 the other day.  Photo:  Brett Lowell
photo 2.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-1 19:56 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... -wall-edition-day-1

Tommy was soon cruising the 2nd pitch (13a) while Kevin belayed.
10  ACAIMG_1896.JPG

Kevin got the 3rd pitch, a stout 13.c starting with a strenuous lieback for most of the pitch… nice and brutal… welcome to ElCap!

12  ACAIMG_1931.JPG

Kevin at the crux… a delicate traverse out to the right on very sketchy, micro holds… no falls!
13  ACAIMG_1933.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-1 20:07 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... -wall-edition-day-2

ElCap Report 12/28/2014 SPECIAL DAWN WALL EDITION DAY 2

1)  They have a base of operations at a small ledge 1,200 ft off the ground.  They previously set ropes from the top of the cliff to the bottom.  So when they finish for the day, they climb up, or go down their ropes (called “fixed lines” because they are left in place until the climb is completed) back to their camp, where they have all their sleeping gear, food, and other equipment.
1)  CAIMG_1944.JPG

2)  Here is Tommy going down a fixed line to the part of the face they want to climb on this day.  Tommy has a “haul bag” with some gear, food and water to last the day.  At times they have to swing around and traverse to anchor points on the route.
2)  CAIMG_1956.JPG

3)  Here Kevin is coming down to where Tommy is and stopped for a moment to work on a move or two that he wants to get “wired” or figured out, so he can do it when the time comes.
3)  CAIMG_1986.JPG

4)  Here they have gone down some 400ft to a ledge that marks the high point of yesterday’s efforts.  They are on “Stork Ledge.” If you look behind Tommy, in yellow, you can see the big rock feature that looks like a profile view of a storks head… yeah!  This is the start of the 6th pitch, a 190ft long, rated 13.c.
4)  CAIMG_1995.JPG

5)  After they climbrd the 6th pitch, without much problem, Kevin got to lead the 7th pitch.  As you can see, by the time they got on this one, the sunlight had gone and they were in deep shade, on cold rock.  Here he is climbing strongly in the middle of the pitch, while Tommy belays him, while sitting on his portaledge.
5)  CAIMG_2047.JPG

6)  Kevin climbed all the way up the 100ft pitch until he fell off on the last 10 feet!  No!  When that happens, you have to lower down to the start, pull your rope out of the gear and climb it again, without falling, or grabbing any gear, to have considered it done properly!  I departed, as it was almost dark.  They continued working on the pitch until they got it done.  Here is Kevin falling on that last part, rated 13.d.
6)  CAIMG_2054.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-1 20:15 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... -wall-edition-day-3

ElCap Report 12/29/2014 SPECIAL DAWN WALL EDITION DAY 3

1)  Tommy cheering.."Hurray, Alex is here to save us!!"  Well, not really..he was just stretching a bit.   Honnold, on the left, is seen chatting with Tommy and the rest of the crew, up at The Camp!
1)  CAIMG_2067.JPG

2)  Oooops.. someone dropped the climbing gear!  Not really.  I think they were looking down at Erik Sloan who was coming up with 8 gallons of water to replace that used over the last couple of days.
2)  CAIMG_2073.JPG

3)  After Alex rapped to the deck, to meet up with some of his French friends, Kevin and Tommy sorted gear to begin the days climbing.

3)  CAIMG_2080.JPG

4)  The 10th pitch is 200ft down and to the right.  Tommy went diagonally down to the start of the pitch while Kevin climbed the ropes 170ft.. then traversed 150ft right… then reset some ropes and eventually dropped the rest of the way down to the start of the pitch after setting protection.  Here is Kevin going up from The Camp.
4)  CAIMG_2087.JPG

5)  Here’s Tommy on his drop down to the start of the 10th pitch with some food, water, gear and a portaledge.

5)  CAIMG_2093.JPG

The 10th pitch goes up and right on a long leaning crack that, unfortunately, has water running down a slimy section midway up the pitch.  At the end is a nasty 14.a traverse move to the belay on the right.

6)  Tommy, working past the slime, after taking a plunge when his left foot skated off the mush.  He worked the section for a while and found a way to stay out of the munge.
6)  CAIMG_2107.JPG

7)  Higher on the pitch Tommy got airborne again on the 14.a traverse.  This is Tommy just after the fall.
7)  CAIMG_2114.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-1 20:19 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... -wall-edition-day-5

SPECIAL DAWN WALL EDITION DAY 5

1)  Today Kevin and Tommy set out to do this pitch… most of the 11th on Mescalito.  It goes free with most of it being 5.9, except for the last 20ft or so which goes at 13.c.
1)  CAIMG_2174.JPG

2)  Tommy got the call and quickly blitzed up the 5.9 and is seen here getting into the more difficult part.
2)  CAIMG_2152.JPG

3)  Stopping from time to time to warm his hands, Tommy quickly dispatched the pitch and then lowered back to the start of the pitch where he would belay Kevin up, in relative comfort.
3)  CAIMG_2153.JPG

4)  Kevin is seen here climbing off the belay.
4)  CAIMG_2157.JPG

5)  He made the 5.9 look pretty tame on some beautiful rock.
5)  CAIMG_2161.JPG

6)  Kevin stopped at the start of the serious difficulties and shook out and warmed his hands.
6)  CAIMG_2163.JPG

7)  A bit higher Kevin found a no hands rest and got warm again then set off on the final 13.c section.
7)  CAIMG_2165_0.JPG

8)  Kevin climbed well right up to the final few feet and came off just as he was making the final move.  Afterward, he lowered down to the belay and rested a while.  That was my signal to get out of there as the cold had really moved in and I had enough of it.  I assume he returned and finished the pitch.
8)  CAIMG_2170.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-2 13:52 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
Kevin Jorgeson

Day 5 Recap: New Year's Eve

Yesterday was equal parts exhilarating and utterly terrifying.

The day began with a series of major ice falls right above our camp. It's hard to describe the feeling of helplessness as you watch huge chunks of ice explode and plummet toward you. A direct hit by the large chunks would have been serious. Maybe it wasn't actually that bad....Maybe we got lucky. Depends on how you look at it I suppose. Either way, I had a little anxiety stored up throughout the day as a result. My eyes rarely left the skyline unless I was climbing.

Oh right, the climbing. The goal for the day was to get through the Molar Traverse, 5.14b, which shut me down on our 2010 push. First, we had to climb the awkward corner of Pitch 11, which Tommy led like a champ and I followed on TR (pictured). Then, it was time to throw down on Pitch 12. I went up once to quickly rehearse the moves, then began lead attempts. On my first go, I numbed out and fell onto a fixed pin at the crux (backed up by a 000 C3). On my next go, everything went smooth and I managed to redpoint the pitch! After a few warm up attempts, Tommy followed on TR and we called it a night!

Now, we get to the meat of the route: three consecutive pitches of 5.14/+. Game on.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-2 13:53 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Kevin Jorgeson

Tonight, I sent the hardest pitch of my life and the hardest on the Dawn Wall! Best of all, Tommy sent right after me! Pitch 14 (the first traverse) is in the bag! #dawnwall

kevin01.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-2 13:55 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
Tommy Caldwell

Oh snap. The hardest pitch got sent by both of us tonight. I might be in a little shock right now. The route is taking a toll on our fingertips as we are now both climbing with taped up fingertips, but it doesn't seem to be slowing us down too much. Oh yeah!!!! Phot by @brettlowell

tommy01.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-2 21:48 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
坐等RR9。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-3 21:10 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... -wall-edition-day-6
SPECIAL DAWN WALL EDITION DAY 6

1)  Look carefully at the very center of the shot and you can barely make out “The Camp”.  Notice the dark rock feature on the right third of the shot.  If you are a climber you know this as the "North America Wall" which is commonly called "The NA Wall." First climbed in 1964 it was, for many years, considered the "hardest rock climb in the world".  In 1992 I bailed off it after only one pitch... surely had the ElCap Report existed I would have gotten "Bail of the Day!"
1)  ACDSC_1936.JPG

2)  All day long people came and went, watching the climb.  Many came to stand and watch in the sunlit meadow, and a lot less in the cold of the deep shadows, later in the day!
2)  ACDSC_1941.JPG

3)  Tommy and Kevin sorting gear at The Camp.
3)  ACIMG_2183.JPG

4)  Tommy going up to set lines for the photographers.
4)  ACIMG_2190.JPG

5)  Tommy sending the crux moves on the short but difficult 13th pitch this afternoon.  13c ain’t no walk in the park, son!
5)  ACIMG_2200.JPG

6)  Kevin climbing the 13th pitch.
6)  ACIMG_2212.JPG

7)  Kevin higher up.  Both of the men free climbed this pitch and moved on to the big dike, aka "Tan Band", looming above.
7)  ACIMG_2227.JPG

8)  If you think photographers are whimps, just spend the day with this one, hanging for hours in the cold of space, miles above the ground!  The white rope was stretched from the ground so the photographers could “get away” from the climbers for a better view… like the ones I get from the deck!!  Ha!

8)  ACIMG_2242.JPG

9)  By the time they got climbing on the 14th pitch, one of the most difficult of the route, the sun had gone from the face and darkness was at hand.  14d ..look and weep!  Kevin made a go at it first and did well until gravity overtook him half way out.. then Tommy, seen here, gave it a go and fell not much further along.  Here he is working along checking out the moves.
9)  ACIMG_2257.JPG

10)  Great climbers all have one thing in common… great footwork.  

10)  ACIMG_2258.JPG

11)  Wow!  Notice the tic marks (chalk “V’s”) that Kevin put on the pitch earlier in the day.  This ticing is part of prepping the most difficult pitches as they don’t have time or strength to find all the minute holds they will use while sending.  The rain will wash these away soon enough.  Footwork dude, footwork!
11)  ACIMG_2260.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-4 11:16 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-5 11:41 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Tommy Caldwell

One step closer! I sent pitch 15 last night. Keven got oh so close several times. I am sure he could have done it if he didn't have to tape two key fingers. Weather it's getting hard to sleep forecast looks splitter! It's getting hard to sleep due to the excitement I feel. Photo @brettlowell taken form the most exposed spot on the planet.

t01.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-5 11:54 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... -wall-edition-day-8

ElCap Report 1.3.14  Special Dawn Wall Edition Day 8

By Tom Evans

Yo … Big time climbing here in Yosemite!  This climb, “The Climb of the Century”, is getting world-wide attention, as Kevin and Tommy are seemingly riding the winds of success to what looks like victory.  The NY Times has a reporter here to cover the story.  The story is being carried by regular media, not just climbing related media.  Psyched to be here, in the thick of the action…albeit from a thousand yards away!  But, as you faithful readers know, distance is erased by my Big Gun, which zooms us up close to those micro holds and tic marks.  They have been on the wall 8 days so far… you can smell them from here!!

So … the holidays are over and most of you are back at work.. Cubicle Pukes.. arise!!  Take a break and come with me…your man at the scene of the most memorable climb in many a year.  Forget about those flash and dash climbs and all the hype they generate… this is the real deal and you are right there, up close and personal!

Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world!

A good sized crowd, for this time of year especially, started gathering around 10 this morning, in anticipation of serious climbing, on extremely difficult rock.  The 15 pitch is one of the three lynch pin pitches upon which success rests.  It is rated 14d and twice as long at the 14d pitch sent a couple of days ago.

2)  Down below were Erik Sloan and partner, both of whom are essential to the success of the operation.  They are the men who do the dirty work of logistics.  They haul hundreds of pounds of provisions up the face, doing many hours of backbreaking toil to keep the climbing team and photographers in provisions.  Every few days they are up early and off to work.  Here they are just below Stork Ledge, 550ft up, hauling several hundred pounds of provisions up to The Camp.
2)  ACIMG_2267.JPG

7)  Powerful moves got him around the difficult crux section of the pitch and he was soon across to the end and the crowd below went wild!!

7)  ACIMG_2314.JPG

8)  The climbers are not alone out there on those difficult pitches, as would be normal on ElCap.  Normally, when you are out there on the sharp end of the rope, with your partner out of sight and a fresh wind jostling you about, fear lurks and if you lose concentration you can quickly get into serious trouble.  Here you see some of the photographers, hovering around like relatives at the reading of a will.  Kevin, in green, is taking a look at the last part of the pitch, which he was soon to start, when darkness came and I departed the freezing meadow, as the big gun doesn’t like darkness!
8)  ACIMG_2329.JPG

10)  On the way to the Lodge, for a quick supper, I happened to see the moonrise off to the east.  Screeeech!  I hit the brakes and jumped out of the car to get this shot.
10)  ACDSC_1965.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-5 12:20 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
来自纽约时报网站的报导

‘Battling’ Up a Sheer Yosemite Face, Seizing a Dream, Not a Rope
On El Capitan’s Dawn Wall, Climb Thought to Be World’s Toughest Progresses Slowly

By JOHN BRANCHJAN. 4, 2015

BRANCH1-articleLarge-v2.jpg
Tommy Caldwell, left, and Kevin Jorgeson on one of the most challenging pitches of El Capitan's Dawn Wall in Yosemite National Park. Credit Brett Lowell/Big UP Productions

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. — The tip of El Capitan, 3,000 feet above its base, glowed in late-day sunlight while a full moon rose at the other end of the Yosemite Valley on Saturday. In the shadows halfway up the sheer granite face were a pair of dots, the latest to attempt one of rock climbing’s greatest challenges.

There are about 100 routes up El Capitan, first summited from the valley floor in 1958. But these dots, climbers named Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson, were trying something that had never been done. They were scaling the Dawn Wall — as smooth as alabaster, as steep as the bedroom wall, more than half a mile tall — without the benefit of ropes, other than to catch their falls.

“If they get it completed, it will be the hardest completed rock climb in the world,” said Tom Evans, who first climbed El Capitan 48 years ago and has chronicled assaults on it for decades, through his camera lens and a blog. “This will be the climb of the first half of the 21st century.”

BRANCH2-articleLarge.jpg
Caldwell, right, and Jorgeson at the Dawn Wall, which has a relentlessly smooth face with few cracks to penetrate or nubs to clench. Credit Brett Lowell/Big UP Productions

After a week of slow, steady progress, and with good weather forecast for the next week, optimism was building that Caldwell and Jorgeson would complete a task they had worked toward — studying, training and failing on a couple of prior pushes — for several years with single-minded obsession.

Through his lens, Evans watched Caldwell complete the precarious 15th of 32 pitches, or sections, of varying difficulty and length. In the chilled twilight of the meadow below stood a few other photographers, a couple of friends of the climbers, and several tourists who had ambled into the scene, craning their necks. Evans led them in a whooping cheer that reached the climbers 1,500 feet above.

“Things have been going unbelievably well,” Caldwell said during a phone interview on Sunday afternoon from a base camp, 1,200 feet up. “We worked on this so long, and it feels kind of like a different route this time. We’re just more prepared, the weather is working out great, and it’s been going super well. Having said that, this climb is never going to get done without some doubt and some moments like ‘oh, my God, are we going to be able to do this?’ ”

Evans said that only about 13 of El Capitan’s climbing routes had been free climbed, meaning that moving upward is done only with hands and feet. The Dawn Wall, so named because its southeast orientation catches the first light of morning, is far harder than any of the others, climbers said.

“What makes the Dawn Wall so special is that it’s almost not possible,” the renowned climber Alex Honnold said. “The hardest pitches on the Dawn Wall are harder than I’ve ever climbed.”

The wall’s relentlessly smooth face has few cracks to penetrate or nubs to clench. One short section requires a sideways leap, feet and hands off the wall, to holds the size of matchsticks. There are overhangs. Water creeps through some of the few fissures, and ice periodically drops from above. A scale used to gauge difficulty ranks several parts of the Dawn Wall among the toughest to climb in the world.
Continue reading the main story

“People have done single-pitch climbs rated harder,” said the filmmaker Josh Lowell, whose Big Up Productions has chronicled Caldwell’s attempts at the Dawn Wall for years. “But this number of pitches, it’ll certainly be the hardest big-wall climb ever — by a mile.”

Warren Harding and Dean Caldwell (no relation to Tommy) were the first to climb Dawn Wall, in 1970, using ropes and countless rivets over 27 days. Around 2008, Caldwell, from Estes Park, Colo., began to seriously ponder whether the entire length could be free climbed in one push, meaning no relief or rest on the valley floor.

Part of the difficulty of such a quest is the cumulative effect on the mind and body. Climbing for days in a row can rub fingers raw. Sleeping in slings amid the elements can be taxing, if not dangerous.

BRANCH3-articleLarge.jpg
There are about 100 routes up El Capitan, left, which was first summited from the valley floor in 1958. The tip of El Capitan is 3,000 feet above its base. Credit Jim Wilson/The New York Times

Caldwell, now 36, was not sure it could be done, or if he was the one most capable of doing it. Jorgeson, a 30-year-old from Santa Rosa, Calif., heard of the quest and contacted Caldwell to see if he wanted a partner. The two have spent much of the past five years training on El Capitan, mapping out their strategy and practicing every Dawn Wall pitch, perfecting sequences, positioning and holds.

The best time of year to make the full attempt, they decided, was winter. With the rock fully exposed to the sun, the cold temperatures of the season help keep hands from sweating and maintain better friction between the rock and the rubber soles of the climbers’ shoes.

Caldwell and Jorgeson tried to climb it all in 2010, but storms halted their progress about a third of the way up. Jorgeson broke an ankle during a 2011 attempt on the kind of fall that climbers occasionally endure during the most difficult maneuvers. Caldwell persisted but was stymied for a week by the 14th pitch, the toughest of the route, and went back down.

The men decided to try to master each pitch before attempting them in sequence again. This fall, Caldwell completed the 14th pitch. In late December, the weather, dry and cool, was favorable. The push began.

Caldwell admitted that he felt a bit like Ahab, chasing a white whale.

“This is my Moby-Dick, for sure,” he said. “For me, it’s just a fascination with the epic journey. I’ve always been a fan of stories of big journeys. And it’s a question of curiosity. I love to play with my physical and mental limits and see how far I can push them, and I just love to dream big. And this project fulfills all those things.”

Late last week, Honnold, the renowned climber, visited Caldwell and Jorgeson, needing about an hour to go with ropes as high as the two had free climbed in several days. He brought shelled pistachios and dark chocolate.

Honnold lives in Yosemite but climbs all around the world. He has tried to get Caldwell to come with him, but Caldwell has demurred, focused intently on the Dawn Wall. Now he and Jorgeson are as close as they have imagined to completing it.

Climbing mostly in the late afternoon and into the night, using headlamps and the lights of the roped-in camera crew recording the expedition, Caldwell and Jorgeson moved steadily. On Thursday, each made it past the 14th pitch.

BRANCH5-articleLarge-v2.jpg
Tommy Caldwell hauling rope during the climb of one of the most challenging pitches of El Capitan's Dawn Wall in Yosemite National Park. Credit Brett Lowell/Big UP Productions

Back in Colorado, Caldwell’s wife, Rebecca, waits for updates from her husband while caring for their 20-month-old son, Fitz.

“I don’t think it was a reality that this could really, really happen until Pitch 14,” she said.

Nos. 15 and 16 are considered nearly as hard, and she was relieved to hear that Caldwell had navigated the 15th on Saturday night. Jorgeson made three attempts at it before calling it a night.

“Battling,” he posted on Twitter.
屏幕快照 2015-01-05 下午12.15.03.png

On Sunday afternoon, Jorgeson was full of optimism.

“It’s far from over, but you can’t ignore the fact that it has gone well so far, and it does feel a whole lot different than previous attempts,” he said shortly before attempting Pitch 15 again.

That tricky crux, as climbers call difficult maneuvers, could slow the itinerary, but the combination of good health, good spirits and a clear forecast gives the climbers wiggle room to complete the climb.

“Best case is seven days,” Caldwell said of the finish. “Worst case is mid-February. Or not at all, I suppose.”

Family members and friends are tracking the climb through text messages and social media. If things continue to go well, they will converge on El Capitan sometime in the coming days — not in the meadow below but atop the summit. They will ascend via a couple of hiking trails, for there are far easier ways to get to the top of El Capitan, but none of them are as meaningful.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-6 12:05 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Tommy Caldwell

Made it through another hurdle last night. Managed to climb the loop pitch around the Dyno. It was a full in battle with a 13+ or 5.14 down climb. Keven is going to give his fingers one more day to heal before trying pitch 15 again. We still have a long way to go, but the weather is good and motivation is high. Thanks for the photo @coreyrichproductions
t01.jpg

Kevin Jorgeson

My battle with the #DawnWall boils down to this right hand razor blade. It's so small, tape prevents a proper grip for the crux sequence. So, I'm practicing patience and resting until I can try Pitch 15 without tape. Every fiber of me wants to send this pitch. Thanks to @sparkshopclimbing for the screen grab.
k01.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-6 21:46 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
这大戏越来越好看了,tommy向pitch 16th低头了,下攀避过V13的dyno,再来一段14a基本这一轮他就拿下了dawn wall并且all free。KJ决定死磕15段和16段,不逃避难点,但手皮这东西,大家懂的,再牛逼的指头也得时间。tommy磕了6年基本向现实妥协了,KJ呢?
看到这,不由得想起leo哥含泪向EL cap妥协的那段自述。
大墙team free的规则最少要保证一人先锋完成,另一个跟攀不能掉。KJ的选择意味着他极有可能接下来会在某几段脱落,而tommy还会再配合降下来重新红点吗?攀登大戏我看快成岩壁上的宫斗剧了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-7 00:41 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
都坚持那么久了,tommy哥的妥协让我略失望. dawn wall并非FA, 剩下的只是完成的标准问题. 在哪一个层次上完成, 是自我+外在因素的一个标准.  并非指责tommy哥, 只是回避一个原先定义的问题, 在哪里是个头. 要回避, 路子很多, 标准自在人定. team free这个词, 据提出者Alex Huber 说, 也不需要跟攀free的, 拉上升器也行, 只要队伍中有一人free即可. 我更希望他们堂堂正正, 二人中有一人完成dyno.

leo哥对自己自然有个交代, 作为看客, 希望英雄是完美的, 哪怕是悲剧的. 如果他至今依然无法安照ground up标准完成线路会更让我唏嘘. 只是那样, 我可能听都没听说过他.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-7 10:40 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
FFA的最高規格,從地面起步,領攀和跟攀每一段都free climbing;最低標準則是每段領攀者完成即可,跟攀無所謂。縱觀多段/大牆攀登史,解決aid段落問題的手段多數是變線繞行,也就是說前人無法解決的問題還是無法解決,只要在短途之內繞回來,還是算該線路的FFA, 如果繞得長了,稱作支線或另起名字。先知在頂部段落部分也是經過多種可能的嘗試後才貫通了現在的線路,只是因為這條線就是Leo哥開發的,選擇什麼走向自己決定。Dawn Wall在繞過P16之後依然是FFA, 依然是Dawn Wall,並且很有可能這幾個5.14已經是支線了,你們覺得Warren Harding在1970年有可能通過P14-P16嗎?所以無論是loop pitch還是dyno pitch,只是TC和KJ的一個選項而已,他們一直在以最高規格攀登。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-7 19:22 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
裂叔正解,就是陪嫖看赌也6年了。心中对男神的妥协略感一丝失落。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-7 19:28 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
回复 79# Griff
harding是凿眼,花了28天,我觉得没有什么通过不了的路段。
就方式而言,他们在执行最高标准,但KJ再这么执着下去,只会成为dawn wall的药渣,这点老戏骨tommy明显在心理上比KJ成熟--既可花6年入戏,也可在瞬间出戏。 那句话怎么说:一将功成万骨枯。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-7 20:43 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
最高标准: ground up, 领攀On sight , 跟攀flash 所有绳距. 这事常有, 只不过在简单一点的路线上.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-7 20:45 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
Tommy Caldwell

Tonight was definitely bittersweet. I managed to redpoint the final 5.14 pitch. Keven battled hard on pitch 15 late into the night but came away with another hole in his finger and no send. Tomorrow is a new day. Lets all send Kevin good skin healing vibes. Photo by @coreyrichproductions @bigupclimbing
t02.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-7 21:04 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
回复 82# 裂缝

風格low的,返回地面休整後爬路繩上升,讓隊伍中某人下降取水和食物,不按段落順序攀爬,難點先放好保護等等,各類大片中都常有。

P16起步後先向P15回攀一小部分然後下攀,繞過dyno難點再上攀接回原線,所以叫loop pitch, low點在於幾乎有一半是在相當于頂繩的保護下完成,除此之外絕無槽點。

現在Kevin哥連P15都完不成,而Tommy哥如果到了等不了的時間,那就連跟攀紅點都做不到了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-7 21:44 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
本帖最后由 w2 于 2015-1-7 13:52 编辑

The great Dawn Wall dilemma  
Tommy Caldwell reports on Facebook that he has done also pitch #17, an 8b+ and actually the last hard pitch meanwhile Kevin failed again on pitch #15 and also got a new hole on his finger.
The great dilemma is now that Tommy could rather easily continue to the top making a FA but not in the best style as he has not led all the pitches. Their original plan was to make it a "team free" ascent meaning the second person top ropes.
It just might be that while Kevin probably needs one more rest day to recover skin, Tommy could rapell down to lead the remaining pitches as a cover up if Kevin can not do all pitches during this push. - Go, Kevin Go!
团队自由攀登:ground up,one push,领攀红点,跟攀别掉,高逼格。
拉上升器跟攀,有aid叫FA
拉上升器跟攀,领攀全程free叫FFA
数个筒子论坛都在讨论这个,我想我没会错意。KJ再不成功,tommy会降下去红点掉他跟攀的段落,然后领攀所有剩下的菜段落,完成一个tommy caldwell的dawn wall FFA。时间不等人了,坏天气一来,后援团队一撤,吃喝拉撒都是问题了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-8 01:18 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
More Notes from the Dawn Wall
from Evening Sends

Tommy Caldwell says he is “fluent” in the language of El Cap granite. Now he has done all the 5.14s. … Kevin Jorgeson struggles with skin on pitch 15, falling three pitches behind Tommy. Here’s what’s new and what’s left.
By Andrew Bisharat | 01-07-2015
News

It’s difficult to capture in words the painstaking nuance and utter improbability that is really hard, really technical rock climbing such as what is going down on the Dawn Wall this week. Yet it’s worth trying because it’s in those details that climbing is elevated from athletic to aesthetic.

This week on El Cap, two of the best climbers in the world are peaking physically and giving their sport’s greatest venue the performances of their lives. For that reason I think that all the media attention is deserved. Fortunately, Brett Lowell and Corey Rich are up there documenting these efforts. I think we’re all stoked to see the footage that comes out of their cameras this week.

On that note, check out my latest piece for National Geographic, an interview with Corey about his process and some captions to go along with some pretty sick photos.

1/7 Update

Progress on the Dawn Wall continues. Last night (1/6) Tommy Caldwell redpointed the “second half” of pitch 16—a long stretch of 5.14a liebacking in a corner just above the dyno. This means that Caldwell has now sent all the 5.14s on the Dawn Wall.

“There’s this big learning curve every year, where you have to re-learn the language of the rock,” explained Tommy, speaking to me on his cell phone during an interview on January 5. “But I feel totally dialed in and fluent to that language right now. Like, my brain is just in sync in with the rock.”

Kevin, meanwhile, has a hole in his finger in one of the worst possible places: far forward on the tip. I know from experience that this is one of the most difficult spots to tape well. By all accounts, he’s as close to sending pitch 15 as you can get.

“The hold he’s falling on is one of the smallest, sharpest holds on the route,” said Tommy. “You can only grab it with two fingers, and both those fingers on Kevin are taped up. It’s makes it a lot harder.”

Explaining Pitch 16: How Tommy got around the Dyno

Pitch 16 is now two pitches. The “Loop Pitch” (a 5.13+/14a) down climb. And a 5.14a corner above it (pitch 17).

The Loop Pitch is Tommy’s crafty solution to avoiding the Dyno—the 6-foot sideways leap that came to be emblematic of the Dawn Wall’s difficulty thanks to various films over the years. Now Tommy reverses 20 feet of pitch 15, down climbs 80 feet, traverses over to a corner and then climbs back up the corner to reach a no-hands stand just above the Dyno. The climbing on the Loop Pitch is 90 percent on top-rope. And at 5.14a, it’s probably the hardest down climb on El Cap.

From that no-hands rest/belay, there’s either pitch 17, or the remainder of pitch 16—depending on how you look at it. Pitch 17 climbs a sustained 5.14a lieback corner. And it’s the last pitch of 5.14 on the Dawn Wall.

The 7 5.14s of the Dawn Wall

On this push, Tommy has climbed a total of 7 pitches of 5.14. By grade, those are:

5.14a (p7)

5.14a (p10)

5.14b (p12, the Molar Traverse)

5.14d (p14, the first crux traverse)

5.14d (p15, the second crux traverse)

5.14a (p16, the Loop Pitch)

5.14a (p17)

What’s Left for Tommy

There are three more pitches of hard 5.13 climbing left before the terrain eases off. Pitches 18-20 go at 5.13c, 5.13c, 5.13d. All three pitches are really long—about 180 feet. Tommy is not treating any of the pitches lightly, despite the fact that they are relatively easier than what he’s already climbed.

“I’m feeling really fit and my body is holding up really well. I’ve been doing wall yoga and push-ups and that’s helped keep my body feeling normal after 11 days on the wall. Eating better food this time has also helped. My skin is thin; that’s the main concern. But all the training I’ve done this year is coming through for me right now.”

Kevin’s Plan for Pitch 16

Kevin’s goal is to try to climb pitch 16 via the Dyno, through to the no-hands stance, and continue climbing the 5.14a lieback corner (Tommy’s pitch 17). However, he admits that it takes a little pressure off knowing that he can always break pitch 16 up into two pitches as well: The Dyno to the no-hands. Then from there up the 5.14a lieback corner.
Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 9.20.26 AM

“I’ve stuck the Dyno several times,” Kevin said to me on Monday. “I’ve even linked it once, climbing from up from the portaledge. I’m not too worried about the Dyno. It’ll taken  little while to remember it. I know it’ll come together. I’ve also linked from the no-hands above the Dyno to the top. My intention is to do it all in one because it would be super rad. Then, if I have to adapt, we’ll see how it goes. We’re climbing no-hands to no-hands everywhere else on the wall, so it’s pretty logical if it has to go the other way, too.”

Not bad for Kevin’s first El Cap route

Thus far, Kevin has sent 4 of the 7 5.14s. Two of those 5.14s were his first time redpointing: the Molar Traverse (5.14b) and pitch 14 (5.14d).

Kevin: “Clipping the chains on pitch 14 was definitely a high point. I’d never done that pitch. I fell off the last move about a month ago. I knew it was possible, but that’s still different from having actually done it.

“That’s how all the crux pitches are. I haven’t redpointed any of them [till now]. Doing pitch 12 was memorable. That shut me down on our first push. And it felt like a totally different pitch this year—not even in the same ballpark.

“When I get to the top I’m going to drop my harness and never put it back on again. [Laughs]. I’m not literally going to do that, by the way.”

The Pitch 15 campaign

A redpoint of pitch 15 has, thus far, eluded Kevin. The battle, in his words:

“You have to climb a long section of 5.13c just to get to the crux of pitch 15. So you have to endure a lot of crimping. Basically what will happen is that my tape wraps separate from each other. At the crux, the strip will peal away and cause a little rolling.

“The move is that you take that crimp and picture manteling it in order to move left. You’re not just pulling straight down on that edge because you have to do an iron cross. There’s so little friction on that hold that I can’t move as statically as I need to. And the left hand I’m moving towards is really bad. You have to hold this position while you shuffle your feet and get your left heel on. It’s a long time to spend on those little razors.

“It’s definitely a pain tolerance and friction type of crux. The moves are hard but the issues is, you have to want to grab. And you have to not give a fuck about how much it hurts. Which is kinda hard to do.”

The Media Frenzy

No other climb has been as well documented as the Dawn Wall. The New York Times has a reporter in Yosemite covering this ascent. Major television networks have covered the ongoing process, to the forehead-slapping chagrin of the core climbing community.

For Kevin and Tommy, there has been a level of balance and discipline between trying to focus on the grand adventure and experience as it unfolds, as well as broadcast the news via social media as it happens.

Tommy: “I almost feel obligated at this point to continue posting. It’s been a tough balance. I’m not doing a ton of interviews. It was something I was really uncomfortable with at first. But I feel such overwhelming support from the climbing world. I’ve gotten such great feedback that I feel obligated at this point to continue posting to Instagram and Facebook. It’s become such an integral part of this climb.”

Free Climbing, Not Free Soloing

Of course, the general public has continued to make the understandable error of conflating free soloing and free climbing into one interchangeable term to describe what a bunch of thrill-seeking yahoos with a death wish do on the rocks instead of go to the mall and buy more shit they don’t need.

And yet … From my perspective great advances have been made in terms of educating the general populace about the nuances of climbing. I think it’s worth being thankful for the fact actual roped rock climbing—something akin to what all of us go out and do every day, albeit on our own vastly more mediocre levels—is generating headlines. And not free soloing this time. That’s great for the sport climbing in general.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-8 12:27 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
我承认82楼是故意抬杠.

我希望看到英雄"失败, 坚持, 失败, 坚持", 而不是"失败, 妥协, 失败, 妥协". 这堵墙上最牛逼的事已经让涡轮哥干了. 剩下是只是自己定义的游戏. 比难度更永恒的是人的精神, 是涡轮哥顶着头灯抡铁锤, 是对着直升机打出"rescue unwanted"的标语. 5.14d是很难, 但也不过以后小屁孩们用来热身的难度, 亦如当年的5.10.

抛开英雄情结, team free是公认可以接受的, 即团队中有一人红点, 其他人随便. 如果tommy哥下去把他跟攀的绳距重新红一遍, 然后变成他个人的全程free, 那他在我这里立刻降格为"another ego freak".

说到逼格, 连阿式攀登的独立自主的精神都放弃了, 让其他人吊运物资(见74楼)而成为one push, 逼格也高不到哪去.

anyway, tommy依然牛逼, 是人, 毕竟不是神.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-8 12:29 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Kevin Jorgeson

My battle with Pitch 15 continues. After 6 years of work, my #DawnWall quest comes down to sending this pitch. Last night, I experienced a lightness and calm like never before. Despite failing, it will always be one of my most memorable climbing experiences. On my 4th attempt, around 11pm, the razor sharp holds ripped both the tape and the skin right off my fingers. As disappointing as this is, I'm learning new levels of patience, perseverance and desire. I'm not giving up. I will rest. I will try again. I will succeed. Photo by @coreyrichproductions. @adidasoutdoor

k02.jpg

Tommy Caldwell

These are the crux holds of pitch 15. Some of the smallest and sharpest holds I I have have ever attempted to hold onto. Is crazy to think that the skin on our fingertips could be the limiting fact towards success or failure. I have resorted to setting my alarm to wake myself up every four hours to reapply @climbonproducts
k03.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-8 15:53 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
这晚上怎么也有零度了吧?光膀子干???
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-8 17:53 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
Go, Kevin Go!  
Kevin Jorgeson, one of the very first 8a members, comes clean on Facebook,
My battle with Pitch 15 continues. After 6 years of work, my DawnWall quest comes down to sending this pitch. Last night, I experienced a lightness and calm like never before. Despite failing, it will always be one of my most memorable climbing experiences. On my 4th attempt, around 11pm, the razor sharp holds ripped both the tape and the skin right off my fingers. As disappointing as this is, I'm learning new levels of patience, perseverance and desire. I'm not giving up. I will rest. I will try again. I will succeed.
再怎么抬杠,在这场长时间的追星大戏里,在男神妥协后,我开始非常非常认真的看待KJ了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-9 17:05 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Day 13 on the Dawn Wall. Tommy made it to Wino Tower!
From tommyandbecca.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 8, 2015
Day 13 on the Dawn Wall
I sit down to type this with tears welling in my eyes.  That might sound over emotional or a little weird to some of you, but I can't even begin to understand and explain what has all led up to this moment.  The Dawn Wall started out as a little bit of an escape from a deep pain Tommy felt from the sadness of splitting up with his former wife.  He deemed the wall impossible to free climb.  He came back to it a year later, and with the excitement of a budding relationship between us decided that The Dawn Wall just might be possible.  Our relationship began with this route, and The Dawn Wall has weaved its way through our lives together over the past 6 years.

Hearing from Tommy that he finished pitches 19 & 20 tonight and stepped onto Wino Tower having free climbed all of the 5.13-5.14 pitches below him finally allowed me to take a little breath. I've mostly kept my feelings about this attempt locked in a box.  I didn't know what was going to happen...even after the hard 12, 14, 15, and 16th pitches.  Wino was the place that I felt if he made it that far...this thing would be possible.  I didn't realize he felt the same way, too.  He stood atop Wino Tower with tears in his own eyes tonight.  This journey isn't over yet, but we can start to see what it might look like standing on top of this route...and it's beautiful.

Tommy will now go down and be support for Kevin as he works some more on pitch 15.  Good luck to Kevin - thankful for all of his support to Tommy.  You've got this!!   And congratulations on getting this far, baby.  I'm so proud of you.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-9 21:59 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
回复 91# Griff
时间流逝,事物终结;
唯爱永存,
向他们致敬。喝一杯去鸟。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-9 22:05 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
ElCap Report 1/8/15  Special Dawn Wall Edition Day 12

Brought to you by Adidas Outdoor.

By Tom Evans

Yo.. Will winter ever come back?  I recall, at the start of this grand adventure, that I was freezing by buttocks off every day I was out shooting.  Today it was shirt sleeve weather in the meadow, until darkness came that is… then I scurried for the car like a flushed quail.  This sure beats a driving snow storm, but that’s about it!  Kevin had another day of not climbing, and belayed in support of Tommy’s efforts to climb pitches 19 and 20.

Today’s ElCap Report…written just for you..unique in all the world!

Kevin is on the mend and has wisely not climbed for a few days, as he needs his fingers to be as healed as they can, in that environment.  He is going back on the 15th pitch tomorrow, most likely, late in the day.  Tommy sent 19 and 20 this evening and is now atop Wino Tower, high above The Camp.

Here are some shots from today’s action.

1)  The “locals” didn’t appear impressed by Good Morning America’s truck, which arrived to report on the rest of the climb.
t03.JPG

All the rest of the shots today are of Tommy climbing on the 19th pitch.  Corey Rich, in yellow and Brett Lowell were shooting on the wall with him.
t04.JPG

The climb is far from over as I have stated before, “anything can happen”.  The weatherman seems to be slowly raising the chance for rain in the near future.  Rain would be a disaster, depending on the amount of course.  A certain resignation has settled in the camp.  The time has come to force the issue.  Kevin knows the score better than any of the many armchair Pukes, who have a lot of speculation to spray but not much information to draw conclusions from.  I suppose I too fit in that category.  The Camp is pretty closed mouth about what the “plan” is and just how and when it will be carried out.  I got an inquiry from a major newspaper, asking if the climb would be over tomorrow or Saturday.  Mmmmmm, well I can assure you that neither day will see the end of this climb and the reasonable estimate is early to middle next week.  Tommy told the supply crew that they didn’t need to send up any more supplies, with the exception of course, of a few beers.  Cobras I assume!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-10 12:22 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
Kevin Jorgeson completed pitch 15 this afternoon, after many attempts spread over a week.

Last night Tommy Caldwell finished the final 5.13c/d pitches to reach Wino Ledge above pitch 20. According to wife Becca Caldwell, Tommy believed that if he could make it to Wino Ledge, the Dawn Wall would be possible. Now he's there, with about 12 pitches of easier climbing in the 5.11 to 5.12 range between him and the summit, spare the stray 5.13 move here and there. Tom Evans reports that Caldwell has told the crew that no further resupplies will be necessary, and he speculates he could summit early-to-mid week.

Now that Jorgeson has finished pitch 15, he'll be attempting the pitches Caldwell has already completed, hoping they can finish the route together. The longterm forecast for the Valley shows potential rain late next week, but it looks good until then.

Kevin哥好样的 !
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-10 14:12 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
回复 94# 裂缝

又进了一步。

今天特地把reel rock tour 2011又看了3遍。任何为一件事持续努力5年以上并不断进步的事情,都值得做一部大电影,写一本长书啊。

这事换了欧洲人,也许发展和结果早不一样了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-10 16:48 | 显示全部楼层
born from the simulation
KJ,711,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-10 17:56 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Tommy Caldwell

The last few days have been some of the most memorable climbing days of my life. Yesterday I finished the last two 5.13+ pitches of the climb. This marks the end of the major difficulties. I kind of lost it when I pulled onto Wino Tower knowing that this seven year dream is looking more and more like it could become a reality. Now I am in full support mode until @kjorgeson catches up. Today Kevin managed to climb pitch 15 in the most inspired climbing moment of his life. It was such an intense and incredible thing to witness. It's not over yet, but things are looking good. Photo: Corey Rich @coreyrichproductions @bigupclimbing
t01.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-10 17:57 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
Kevin Jorgeson  

Pure joy. Pitch 15 finally went down after 11 attempts over 7 days. Riding high, I stuck the dyno on Pitch 16, but fell in the corner right above the no hands stance. Back to finish that tomorrow. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has followed along, believed and supported us. It's not over yet.

k01.jpg

k02.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-10 18:18 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
http://www.elcapreport.com/conte ... wall-edition-day-14

By Tom Evans

Yo… The weather changed from sunny to cloudy with a drop or two of rain every now and then.  The conditions were better for climbing due to the absence of the direct sunlight on the rock.  It was humid and warm in the meadow but must have been pretty good on the rock, as Kevin had chosen this day to make his attempt on the notorious 15th pitch.  The crowd started gathering just after noon and grew with each passing minute.  It was a mixed group with quite few Tourons who had been following the news and climbers who knew the significance of the climb and wanted to witness the historic event.

For Kevin it was the day of reckoning.  In the last few days, Tommy had climbed way above Kevin’s high point, and he needed to get past these super difficult pitches, and catch up with Tommy at Wino Tower, and soon.  Kevin was feeling the pressure of all those days, months and years spent working on the route.  Success or failure, the dye would be cast today, and now it was fish or cut bait.

8)  Soon he had gotten to the high step and heal hook move where you have to crank hard on shitty razor sharp finger tip holds.  This spot is where he had fallen so many times before and everyone tensed up and grew quiet, each person whispering … “come on Kevin… come on”.
8  ACIMG_2516.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-1-11 11:42 | 显示全部楼层
Think Simulation
http://www.climbing.com/news/jor ... -5-14-of-dawn-wall/

Jorgeson Finishes Last 5.14 of Dawn Wall

By Climbing Staff

1/10/15 - In a comeback worthy of basketball's Final Four, Kevin Jorgeson has redpointed the final two 5.14 pitches of the Dawn Wall, sending Pitch 15 yesterday and Pitch 16 (the famed Dyno Pitch) this afternoon. He is now starting the remaining 5.13 pitches that his partner, Tommy Caldwell has already completed, leading to Wino Tower and the end of the route's most difficult climbing.

Jorgeson had struggled with Pitch 15 (5.14+) for a week: He made 11 redpoint attempts over seven days, usually falling on the heartbreaking crux near the end of the traverse pitch. After sending yesterday afternoon, he began attempting the eight-foot sideways dyno of the 16th pitch and quickly did the dyno but fell on the 5.14 lieback corner above it. Today he led the full Dyno Pitch. Caldwell had opted for a variation that broke Pitch 16 into two leads to circumnavigate the dyno: a long "loop" that downclimbed around and to the left before ending at the same stance that Jorgeson reached by the dyno move; both men did the 5.14 lieback above this stance.

For Jorgeson, three long 5.13c or d pitches lie ahead before he reaches the comfort of Wino Tower—no easy feat but these pitches are roughly four to five letter grades easier than the traverse pitches he battled so hard to finish. Another 11 pitches above Wino Tower lead to the top of El Cap, with only one 5.13a boulder problem near the top. The rest is all 5.12 or easier.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-10-at-5.11.46-PM.png
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|盗版岩与酒 ( 京ICP备05053585号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 01:41 , Processed in 0.087280 second(s), 16 queries .