jane 发表于 2010-3-9 10:59

climber's gossip

What brings people together and what drive them apart?

http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47621

花皮瓜 发表于 2010-3-9 14:50

it's the very first time I saw the topic online in English,but many times we talked offline in Chinese. The gossip about Chinese couples is not much. just because we don't have enough couples which we can talk about:)

w2 发表于 2010-3-9 16:04

看来八卦是不分性别,国界,国籍^^^
记得看PROGRESSION的时候,TOMMY 下雪天死磕他的新PROJECT时说过: "I don't know what's wrong with me, i just like this shit"
下雪天不在家抱媳妇,反而约个男人在石头上死磕,老硬了,家庭不破裂也快了^^^,{:2_38:}

freeflight 发表于 2010-3-9 16:35

顶尖高手一般都比较有个性,两口子都是的话这日子就不好过了。
不知道Styph Davis和Dean Porter分手和俩人被踢出Patagonia Ambassadors有没有关系

w2 发表于 2010-3-17 18:04

将八卦进行到底{:2_32:}

Path Of Resistance
By Tommy Caldwell
There is an ominous feeling surrounding my tiny, lonely home two thousand feet in the sky. This is my third winter day in the middle of El Cap—alone. The past two mornings I have awoken early as the warming sun hits my hanging camp. A few moments of coziness are followed by quaky nervousness as I watch the ice that formed during the night melt from the wall above and begin bombing me. I zip up my portaledge fly and tuck my head inside my sleeping bag in an attempt to escape the frightening exposure, frigid wind and thoughts of the falling ice chunks. My chosen career is not the easy path, but I have little interest in a life of leisure. So I think up these super projects to push me hard and make me thrive.

I fully realize that free climbing the Dawn Wall of El Capitan is improbable. Miles of blank steep granite—no true weaknesses to follow. To free climb the Dawn Wall will mean catapulting forward what is thought possible in the world of big wall free climbing. I’ve spent parts of two years either rope soloing up or rapping down from the top, swinging around, searching and trying the moves. I’m trying to force a paradigm shift with this route, and the prospect of linking together at least seven pitches of 5.14 to 5.14+ and another ten in the 5.13 range is daunting. Several times I have given up and moved on, worried I might waste too much of my life searching for something that does not exist or that is too hard for me. But I have invested so much, and am unable to resist El Cap’s magnetic pull. Now, after two and a half years, I think I have finally found the path, done all the moves. But the journey is far from over.

In the off-season I sit at home, remembering the thrill of sticking that eight-foot sideways dyno for the first time or finding that improbable line of edges that linked a section I was sure was going to be completely blank. The psych hits me, and I run into the dusty storage room of my 600-square-foot cabin and crank out a few sets of fingertip pull-ups on my hangboard, then do sit-ups and pull-ups until my muscles quiver with fatigue. I know that to free this Holy Grail on El Cap will require me to train harder, endure more. I slide on my running shoes and look at the outdoor thermometer. It reads 10 degrees Fahrenheit. As I walk out the front door I’m hit in the face with a 50-mile-an-hour wind gust. I put my head down and start running.

"it seems the best bigwall climber in the world is going to do the hardest big wall climb in the world. when he put allhis force on one 900m route, he may not have time tothink what he have lost. gain a route or loose a family? is that call塞翁失马?"
http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/journal/climb/athletes/path-of-resistance--tommy-caldwell-and-kevin-jorgeson-attempt-the-first-ascent-of-el-caps-hardest-free-climb

gump 发表于 2010-3-17 20:28

uncle crack's single life
http://www.traveler8.net/liefengblog/?p=949
贵国还有裂叔奋斗不息

w2 发表于 2010-3-17 21:11

回复 6# gump
八卦的关键是,贵国裂叔本身还无八卦,无可比性。:victory:

gump 发表于 2010-3-17 21:12

但后果是一样的,死磕单身生活:lol

天空wk3368 发表于 2010-3-18 00:21

好像是因为Dean Porter爬了一个图腾之类的东东 犯了众怒
导致她老婆的赞助商抛弃了她